- First meeting is a free 30 minute consultation
- $40- 30 minute lesson
- $60- 45 minute lesson
- $80- 60 minute lesson
I encourage students to schedule weekly or bi-weekly lessons, depending on factors such as level, schedule, and the general scope of the student’s needs and goals.
I accept payment via:
- PayPal: email@example.com
- Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venmo: @Batya-MacAdam-Somer
Payments are to be made in full at the end of each lesson. Please email me at email@example.com to ask about sliding scale rates.
- Please be on time
- Be prepared by: practicing regularly; having music books/sheet music organized; having a pencil and paper or a notebook to take notes, etc; being situated somewhere without distractions.
- You are welcome to record the lesson using the record option on Zoom for reference while practicing. You can also contact me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The optimal practice length depends on the student’s level and their specific goals. Generally, it is good to match the lesson length time 5-6 days a week.
- It is better to practice more often for less time than it is to try to cram. Playing violin and viola is a physical act; our muscles need regular practice to get comfortable with the tasks we are asking them to do.
- For more information, you can check out the Resources page (coming soon) for practice tips.
- I have a 24-hour policy for cancellations. If I am notified at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson, I will figure out a time to reschedule without the student needing to pay for the cancelled lesson.
- If the cancellation happens within 24 hours of the scheduled lesson, payment is still required.
- I will follow this policy as well. If I need to cancel, I will notify students with at least 24 hours notice.